What Does The Yellow Trouble Light On My DSC Keypad Mean and How Can I Stop The Beeping?
What Does The Yellow Trouble Light On My DSC Keypad Mean?
The yellow trouble light indicates a system problem of some sort. To find out the cause of the trouble light, press *2 on your keypad. On a LCD keypad:
- 1 is a system problem, press 1 again for more detail. At this point, 1 means low battery, check/replace it. 2 relates to your siren (did you connect it yet?)
- 2 means AC trouble (power failure or transformer is dead)
- 3 is a telephone line problem (is the phone line connected yet? If not check the phone connection)
- 4 means failure to communicate.. could be a phone line issue or the system could not connect to a monitoring station or self dial attempt failed
- 5 or 6 means there is an issue with a zone or sensor or related wiring
- 7 means a wireless devcie has a low battery
- 8 means Loss of time or Date. You need to re-program the date in to the system
How can I silence the trouble beep on the keypad?
Press the '#' key to silence the beeping, however you will need to fix the problem before the light will go out.
You can also press '9' after '*2' to acknowledge and cancel the trouble condition but you still must fix the problem.
Troubleshooting a Beeping or Chirping Smoke Detector or Carbon Monoxide Detector
If your smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector is sounding an alarm, you need to take action immediately to check for smoke or in the case of a carbon monoxide alarm clear the building and call the fire department to check for dangerous CO ...
AC Power Indicator Is Not Lighting Up on DSC Keypad
By default the AC status indicator does not light up on DSC keypads. There is an option in programming to turn it on if desired. The option is shown in the installation manual that comes with the keypad (not the system) but in brief: Enter ...
Insteon Hub Not Working - Red Light - Won't Connect
The Insteon Hub requires a cloud connection Insteon's servers in order to function. Unfortunately it appears that the Insteon Servers that power the Insteon Hub have gone offline. Without the cloud connection you are likely seeing a red light on ...
DSC Alarm Residential Dial Keeps Calling Ends In Communication Trouble
Symptom: DSC Alarm panel is set to residential dial to a private phone or cellular phone. When the system calls, no tone is heard and it keeps calling back. Eventually it ends and the panel displays a communication trouble error. Solution: Set ...
DSC Alarm Without Telephone Connection
If you will not be connecting your DSC alarm system to a telephone line, you need to ensure that it understands this, since by default it expects a phone condition and will give a trouble warning if the panel is not connected to a working phone line. ...